Monday, October 3, 2011

My wonderful Sister!

Last night I went to my sister Carrie's house.  We had a wonderful visit and, like most times we see each other, I left with some awesome recipes. A few weeks ago she told me about an artisan bread she was making. At the time it sounded good but i had no interest in trying it out. However in the last few weeks I have decided that there is absolutely no reason for me to buy things i can make myself.

She gave me a recipe a while back for taco seasoning and my husband and I LOVE it! So here it is.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder (we use dried minced onion)
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon and 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon black pepper

I just stir it all together and put it in a cheese shaker. When i make tacos (about once a week) i just shake a bunch on it until i think it smells right (great measuring right?)

Today I made the bread she told me about you can find the recipe here. It was very easy and smells wonderful! I tried to take pictures as i went along so you could see how it looked. I have no idea if it looked right but it seems to be OK. I did not have a bowl large enough, so I used the pan I got in the hospital when i had the twins....don't worry I washed and sanitized it lol
This is what it looked like After I mixed it all together

The dough half way through the rising process

My dough ball before rising.

After rising and I cut the slits in the top.

It's DONE!! Ok, so it doesn't look like the one on the website, but I'm proud of myself!

She gave me other recipes and as I try them out I will update.

1 comment: